Hakka Noodles with whole wheat spaghetti


Recently, an indo-chinese restaurant opened near our place and like moths to fire, we all flocked the place to try the food out. Food was undoubtedly good but it was all like good old India, oily and very very spicy. 

So I thought, if I could collect all ingredients at home and make my own info style Chinese Hakka noodles which will have my level of spices and my choice of veggies in it. How wonderful... I thought to myself. 

One fine day, I was all set to make my very own veg. Hakka noodles and alas.. there was no regular noodles in the pantry. My heart sank to the deepest of the deep because I was actually looking forward to having some nice home made indo-chinese noodles on that cold rainy evening. What I had was whole wheat spaghetti though so I thought, I can make noodles sometime later but I could settle for normal pasta that day. So I started... and in the process I decided to make the exact same recipe for the Indo-chinese noodles with the whole wheat spaghetti. I still love myself for the idea because it came out to be yummy and it was healthy too. Here goes how I did it. Amounts are very personal so be careful with what and how much you use. Little or more can alter the taste of the dish and I am sure you will love it.
  • 1/4 packet whole wheat spaghetti boiled al dente. Add salt + little oil while boiling. Wash under cold water in a colander after boiling. This keeps the noodles separated and nice.
  • Cut vegetables in longitudinal slices. I used green beans, broccoli, carrots, green pepper and red onion.
  • Chop 3-4 pods of garlic. We have really large pods, so adjust for your taste. Indo-chinese usually calls for a lot of garlic.
  • Heat oil in a wide wok and when oil is very hot add the garlic carefully and keep stirring to prevent it from burning.
  • Then add onions + all veggies together. Fry uncovered. It will take some time for the veggies to cook up. Do not cover else they will get mushy. Keep the heat on high and keep stirring frequently. Using a non-stick pan really helps in this case.
  • Now add all the rest of ingredients. Here goes the list.
    • soya sauce
    • chili-garlic paste
    • tomato ketchup
    • chili oil
    • chinese salt (aka Ajinomoto)
    • regular salt
    • vinegar
  • After the sauces have come together, add the noodles and mix well. Keep on the low heat till you serve.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara