Spicy Chicken Curry


"This chicken curry is spicy & nice.. with white rice.. its awesome.. it will be awesome'r with garlic naan... will get some garlic naan for dinner... save some for later.." says my cousin.. he is a BIG chicken curry fan.. likes it spicy... and likes is curried.. :)

This was one of those times.. when I prepped everything for a regular chicken curry but then then the people who I was cooking for didn't show up until the next day...so what did I do??

I marinated the chicken in everything that I had prepped for the curry... & stuck the bowl in the fridge... until next day.. when everyone had arrived... and we were ready to light the stove & cook chicken... without the fuss.. without the mess... Lovely !!!



Here's what I used for the marination

  • 2 lbs of bone-in chicken, cut into small pieces
  • Salt + Turmeric + Black Pepper + Garam masala + Cumin powder + Coriander powder
  • Paste made of onions + ginger + garlic + cumin seeds + coriander seeds + red chillies
  • Raw onion slices
  • 1/2 cup of curd
  • Freshly chopped coriander leaves
  • Chopped green chillies
On the day of cooking... I just heated olive oil in a big broad skillet/pan.. spluttered some whole garam masala (Green cardamoms + whole black peppers + 1 bay leaf).. then I added the whole bowl of marinated chicken into the seasoned oil & cooked the chicken covered for around 20 mins.. then uncovered for 10 more mins.. The chicken was soft & the curry was shinny & oily...

It went very well with white rice for lunch.. and then again with garlic naan' for dinner...
Everyone happy.. everyone full.. happy family !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara