Almost Keto Cake


Lately, my sister & I have been very cautious about our carbohydrate intake. It may be because of age or lack of balanced diet or just age (Did I say age twice? .. well, it's important you know). We have been trying to look for keto friendly recipes & this cake was a a baked good baked my fluke (Yes fluke.. not a mistake, but a fluke).

Here we had a Keto pancake mix in the pantry which we both did not like much. We wanted to use it somehow & my sister just remembered that when we did not have all purposed flour & it was my son's birthday we actually had baked a cake using regular pancake mix. So may be we could try the same recipe with Keto pancake mix !!!!

I was skeptic to say the least. I mean, Keto pancake mix does not have any gluten in it so I was not sure how the cake will turn out. Also, we had a poor banana going real bad in the fruit basket too which I intended to use.

So... I bit the bullet & made this "Almost" Keto cake. 
Why almost? Because even if I used Keto pancake mix, I did use a banana for flavor & they are not Keto friendly at all. So here goes .. Three Cheers to "Baking by fluke"  !! Hip Hip Hurray !!



What I used
  • 1.5 cups Keto pancake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 baking powder
  • 1 very very ripe banana
  • 2 tbsp butter (melted)



Process
  • Set oven to 350 F
  • First mix the wet ingredients
    • Melted Butter
    • Ripe banana (mashed up of course)
    • Eggs
  • Then add in dry ingredients
    • Keto pancake mix
    • Baking soda & Baking powder
  • Give everything a good mix
  • Bake in a lined bread pan or rectangular cake pan for 15mins --> Toothpick test --> Add 5mins until toothpick comes out clean. 
Enjoy with black coffee. SO MUCH GOODNESS !!


Comments

  1. Everyone love cake so much. I always search new recipe of cake everywhere. This one is awesome.

    send cakes to India with same day delivery

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara