Rainy Sunday Morning.. And Egg Dosa


California weather is really weird. It rains in the winter... shines the very day after.. and then again becomes cloudy the next day.. It is weird..

I think this happened last winter.... I got up hearing the pitter-patter of rain drops on my window pane and I was happily shocked that it was already 9:30 in the morning. Good lord, did not wake me up thinking that it is a Sunday and everyone needs the rest. But then, I had to think of a brunch which will be quick and have proteins as well (a must add ingredient these days in my household). I had some left over dosa batter, but to make some curry with it was out of the question. Have you ever felt that, when you wake up late you feel very very hungry and need to eat something right away (well a 10 min break is fine)? The same feeling went running in my stomach... So I thought up to combine dosa and eggs with a glass of milk and of course our very own Apple for the brunch.

Healthy-check; Proteins-check;Fruits-check;Tasty-Lets see !!!



Ingredients (Made 4 Egg Dosas)

  • Dosa batter (I had store bought but home made will be better, like always)
  • Eggs - 4
  • Pepper powder (Some people use Red Chilli Powder)
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil (Used Olive oil)

Process
  • Heat a Dosa pan on medium heat. Wipe it with a little oily tissue paper so that all dust is gone and the pan has a virtual oil layer.
  • Mean time, break an egg in a small bowl, add salt and pepper and whisk.
  • Take 1.5 dosa spoons of batter and spread it like you would spread a dosa.
  • Drizzle little oil
  • Add the whisked egg to the exact middle of the dosa and spread it with the spatula all over the dosa.
  • Drizzle some more oil and let the dosa cook. 
  • When you see the dosa browning at the edges, lift it and flip it over so that the egg side goes down for cooking.
  • Keep it that way for 2 more mins so that the egg is cooked.
  • Flip and fold and serve hot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara