No deep-fry chili paneer

Paneer is usually a Thursday affair in my household these days... why??? Because.. My Maa-in-law is with us.. and she's strict about the No-Onion-No-Garlic rule on Thursdays.. like many many Odiya married women.. who are Maa Laxmi devotees... So making paneer with just tomatoes & ginger is usually how we make it... usually.. until last week.. Wednesday when I made this... "Thaka" (meaning - Fake) Chili Paneer.. and it was Yum.. my son loved it... and everyone loved it.. with Roti





Me? Follow Thursday rules?? Naa...Not so much.. I am god fearing, but I don't believe gods (or goddesses) have food rules... Yes, that is where I have always been cross with my family... Like if I don't eat onion or garlic on Thursday (and think about killing someone or think bad stuff for them), god will love me more !!! No Way.. its these old fashioned thoughts are where we Indians are kind of party poopers... there are so many things that just don't fall in line.. hence.. I don't follow.. :)

Well.. This is what I used for my "Thaka" Chili Paneer - Why "Thaka"? Because it has no corn starch marination.. no deep frying... and no complicated stuff !!.... Easy.. Breezy...

What I used

  • One block Paneer - cut into cubes
  • One green bell pepper - cut into squares
  • One small red onion - cut into squares
  • 4 pods garlic - chopped fine
  • Sauces on hand (See the picture) - I eye balled what I added... but mostly between 2 teaspoons to 3 teaspoons of each...
  • Oil + Butter
  • Salt + Pepper

Process
  • Heat olive oil & butter together (This is a very good way of skimping on butter while still having the flavor)
  • When oil's hot, add garlic & onions & fry till garlic in golden brown
  • Next add green bell peppers & fry till they are soft yet crunchy
  • Next goes in salt + pepper
  • Then paneer - Mix well
  • Then all the sauces... & done !!
Note : Since my son does not eat too much hot sauce (yet), I added the red chili & sriracha sauces later, after I spooned out his portion in a different bowl. 

Also, I did not have scallions or green onions to sprinkle on top, but if you try this.. it'd be nice !!
Enjoy !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara