Ganesh Chaturthi Special


Today is Ganesh Pooja.. a.k.a Ganesh Chaturthi.. a.k.a Ganpati.. A day which I always wait for.. My family is a great follower of Lord Shree Krishna.. and so am I too.. But lord Ganesha always have a very special place in my life.. my heart.. my soul.. and today.. I cooked soulfully for him.. (I wish he could taste and give me some feedback... I'm sure his feedback will matter the most).. :)

Back home, Ganesh Pooja was only one day holiday and Mami'd make nice aromatic pulao & some gravy.. There'd be "manda peetha" for sure which I can only dare to imagine to make at home.. some day.. some day soon I hope !!

Awesome food would be followed by a two-wheeler trip in the city (cars are out of the question on pooja days in Cuttack).. visiting all the Ganesh Pandals & tasting nice Kataki style Ganesh Pooja bhoga (Modak, Laddoo, Chuda Ghassa, Panchamrita.. etc etc)


Today was simple food.. vegetarian of course.. no onions .. no garlic.. Satwik Khadya..

  • Fruits & Sweets for Lord's offering
  • Meetha Bhata (sweet rice) with Jaggery & pepper corns with a twist of "kala jeera"
  • Aloo + Green Peas kassa (Dry fry with boiled potatoes + green peas with amchur & coriander powder)
  • Kala Chana Tarkaari (Black Chickpeas curry with pudina+dhaniya masala) with a hint of lime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara