Quick Aloo-Matar Stir Fry

Weeknight... Store bought dosa batter staring back at you from the corner of the refrigerator.. its expiry date blinking like the red light indicator.. so what should we do???

Well... we all know the most friendly vegetable of all.. "Potatoes" (clap.. clap.. clap)... Take that with any one veggie.. (I picked frozen green peas)... and turn that into an overly simple.. very less ingredient .. .quickie stir fry... Took me about 8 - 12 mins in total in front of the gas stove..

I boiled the potatoes in the microwave.. so I don't count that as cooking time.. although its cooking time for the potatoes.. but not for me.. I don't have to stand there.. I go watch TV :)



Here's what I used (The list is so small... )

  • 2 medium sized potatoes (boiled in the MV.. peeled & cut into small pieces)
  • 1/2 white onion chopped ion long slices
  • 1 cup frozen green peas (no thawing.. just drop them directly)
  • 1 tea spoon full of mustard seeds + 2 tea spoons of urad dal for spluterring
  • Salt + turmeric + red chili powder (To taste)
  • 1 table spoon full coriander powder
  • Sprinkle of water
Process
  • Heat olive oil in a pan.. splutter the mustard seeds & urad dal when oil is hot
  • Next add the onions & fry for 2 mins. All this is happening on medium to high heat, so be careful & don't leave the pan unattended else onions will burn...
  • When onions have lightly browned.. reduce heat to low-med.. and add peas + salt + turmeric + coriander powder..
  • Fry for two more mins until the frozen peas are soft.. cover if needed (I did not)
  • Next add the potatoes & wee bit more salt for the potatoes..Mix well & fry for 2-3 more mins..
  • If the fry becomes dry, just sprinkle water.. Cover for 2 mins.. & then remove from heat..
Hot hot quick Aloo-Matar stir fry is ready.. After this was done.. I was so happy that I ate 4 dosas.. not good for a weeknight.. makes you way too sleepy.. :)

Try & enjoy !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara