No Knead Garlic Paratha

 It's going VIRAL.... everywhere you see, you will find people making these... the catch phrase is that, it is a NO-KNEAD paratha.. meaning, you don't have to knead the dough (which is tough if you are a beginner or don't have a kitchen-aid stand mixer) and you don't have to roll the dough into the perfect paratha shape too.

I stumbled across this recipe on one of the youtube channels that I regularly watch & follow and she made it look like it was easy to make. I am telling you YouTube influencers do not show the real hardship that goes into their channels & they make everything look so easy & inspire us all to try out new things. It's truly commendable. 

Anyways, I saw the recipe & it seemed pretty straight forward so I set out to give it a go. 

Half way through making the parathas my legs started to hurt & then my hands & then my back. This recipe TAKES TIME. 

So spoiler alert... If you want to make this recipe, just make for yourself. Do not attempt if you don't have help or if you have to make more than 2 at a time. As I said, it need patience & time & LONG STANDING hours in front of the stove. 

What I used..

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
  • 6 - 7 cloves of garlic grated
  • 1 tsp each of cumin+corainder powder + garam masala powder
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Process
  • First mix all the ingredients listed above in a big bowl
  • The add 2 cups of water - Add water slowly & mix everything into a smooth flowing batter
  • Heat a non-stick pan & brush with oil (The YouTube channel asked me not to, but I was skeptic so I did anyway)
  • Pour a ladle full of the batter on the medium hot pan & spread it lightly
  • Let one side cook & the top side turn an opaque color - This took 30-40 seconds
  • Then flip & cook the other side - this took 45 more seconds
  • You have to be patient for the paratha will fluff up only when the sides are nicely cooked
  • Then flip again & press the sides of the paratha to make sure that it fluffs up - like you'd do for a normal paratha.
  • It takes more than 2 minutes for each paratha to cook & fluff up. So take that chance if you really have the time or the help. 
We enjoyed them with paneer bhurjee & simple salad. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara