Mixed Vegetable Bhaja with "Mustard Paste"

Craving for some veggies, not gravy but dry... don't know what masala powders to put...don't have enough time... well this is my way of answering the questions... Mixed veg with mustard paste... simple, elegant & yummy !!





What I used



  • Cauliflower - cut into small florets
  • Beans - Cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 Carrot - Scraped - cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 small red potato - skin on - cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 red onion - thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon of mustard paste (Remember me? Black mustard seeds + garlic + Green chillies + water)
  • Salt & Turmeric to taste
  • Mustard oil for cooking

How?
  • Heat mustard oil in a pan (non stick or otherwise)
  • Once oil's hot, add the onions & fry till they are golden brown.
  • Next goes all the veggies + mustard paste + salt & turmeric
  • Give it a good mix, cover & let it cook till the veggies are tender. (I needed to sprinkle some water because the veggies were sticking to my pan. Next time I'll use a non-stick)
  • All done !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara