Breakfast-a-la-greens

The year 2020 like all years have brought me to a point where I realized (like every year) that I need to regularize my diet. Eat well. Eat healthy. Not eat less but eat smart.

Part of that plan is that I got strict with my breakfast. The fact that I actually sit down & eat breakfast has something to do with it. So this year (as per my new years resolution), I make hot healthy breakfast usually containing eggs & green veggies and I actually sit down & eat with a steaming hot cup of coffee.

When the COVID-19 pandemic hit us in California, I stopped going to the gym. But my coach insisted that I stayed accountable & every now & then asked me to post a picture of what I was eating & whether I was working out/ moving enough every day or not. So I made this green breakfast for myself one day to send her a picture and that is what I have today to share with all of you.




The recipe is SUPER simple. Like mind-numbingly simple. But if you make it & eat it, you will be full all the way till Lunch. I can promise you that.

What I used
- 2 large white eggs
- 1/2 Haas Avocado
- 1 cup of finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of finely chopped baby spinach
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp pav- bhaji masala
- Salt + pepper
- A sprinkle of chat masala for the avocado
- A small dollop of butter

To make the scrambled eggs, first heat the butter in any pan (non-stick is preferable). Once hot, add onions + broccoli + spinach + salt + pepper - Yes all together. Fry on high heat for 3 - 4 mins. That's all the time these veggies need. They can stay as crunchy or as mushy as you'd like.

Next go in the eggs. I directly break open the eggs right on top of the veggies - No additional bowls & all. Add Pav-bhaji masala & scramble then until eggs are soft & cooked.

That's it. Slice the avocados & sprinkle chat masala on top of it. And go eat now !!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara