Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake

 Sometimes when we have finished a late lunch on a lazy Sunday, I feel like having warm dessert. Please do not ask me why I feel so.. I just do. It could be some small hereditary emotion that I inherited from my mother. She's a sweet lover & after every meal (or with every meal) she prefers to have something sweet. I am not a huge sweet person. In fact, I prefer deep fried salty snacks anytime above sweets. But then sometimes on lazy Sundays, it feels only right to have something sweet & warm to make you feel cozy inside & out. 


Fall is almost done & winter is here for the year 2020. This year, there will be no parties to go to where I can flaunt my baking skills. There'll be no get-togethers where I can show my cake skills. Hence, I was trying to combine two emotions together on this lazy Sunday. 

Chocolate Cake... No Baking ... Easy & quick ... Minimal ingredients... Soft, Warm & Sweet !!

A cake in a coffee mug concept in not new in our world. Usually preferred by students & bachelors who live in dorms or alone in an apartment or even if with friends (room-mates) and do not have (or know how to use) a conventional oven, this cake in a cup recipe is a perfect recipe of sweet & warm. 

This particular recipe is tried & tested and is inspired by Ree Drummond of FoodNetwork. Thanks to her, I now know how to whip up an instant chocolate mug cake. 

What I used

  • Dry ingredients
    • 3 tbsp AP flour (Maida)
    • 3 tbsp refined sugar
    • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
    • 1/4 tsp baking powder
    • Pinch of Salt
  • Wet ingredients
    • 3 tbsp milk
    • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
    • A splash of vanilla essence
  • Equipment
    • A microwave-safe coffee mug (12oz or more)
    • A fork
    • A microwave (of course)
Process
  • Take the coffee mug & mix all the dry ingredients first with a fork
  • Then add all the wet ingredients & using the fork mix them up until they are combined well & a chocolaty syrup type batter is ready
  • Microwave the whole thing on high for 90 seconds
  • Take it out of the MW immediately after the timer goes out
  • Let it rest for 3 minutes
  • Serve warm just like that (In the mug) or top it off with Vanilla ice-cream (again in the mug only) for an exquisite sweet decadent chocolate-y emotion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara