Chopped Palak Paratha

There is no story for this recipe. This recipe is what I call a "CRY FOR GREEN FOOD IN YOUR DIET".

Yes, I have been trying to get as much greens into our diets since many months now. Especially because they are nutrition dense & when it comes to baby spinach, they are really tasty too. I am not a huge fan of the regular spinach and they can be bitter but the baby spinach is not. 








But then, what can you make with baby spinach? I tried them in Soup & Pasta and then in Khichdi and everywhere they lost their authority & face. While their taste lingered, their color was gone. 

So I thought if instead of pureeing them, I just chopped them fine & added them to the Flour and made a paratha dough, then it'd look nice & surely it did. 

Here's what I used

  • 2 cups of roughly chopped baby spinach
  • 2 tbsp dried fenugreek (aka Kasuri Methi)
  • 1 cup of whole wheat flour
  • Salt + Turmeric + Red chilli powder + Garam masala powder (all to taste)
  • 1/4 cup yoghurt
  • 2 tbsp Besan
  • Water (enough to make a soft dough) - May be like 1/2 cup plus some more

Process is super simple - I made the dough using all the ingredients above in the KitchenAid stand mixer & then made regular parathas out of them. They were super yummy & tasted great without any condiments. 

I am sure they'll go good with Yoghurt Raita or Any gravy like Egg or Chicken etc. But I just rolled them up & ate them JLT.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us and I hope you will share some more info about happy New Year 2021 Odia wishes. Happy New Year 2021 Odia wishes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Almond Flour Mango Cake

Chicken Patra Poda

Chicken Besara